Is NIANTIC Taking Advantage Of Players In POKEMON GO?


I don't know about you, but have you noticed that now when you hatch eggs, "catch" research rewards, and defeat Raid Bosses, what you're now getting are limited to level 15 and 20 catches?

It seems they are taking blatant advantage of giving trainers some potentially great Pokemon that we have not had a chance to catch, or those we might want more of, and giving us crap level monsters.

In one example, I have three Raikou's, which at first I WAS excited about nabbing as a Research Reward. But none of them are over level 15. I've also caught Snorlax that range from 2164-2860 CP, but all the Snorlax Research Rewards range from a paltry 1391 to 1424. Almost all useless enough to trade back in to the Professor.


How about my Lanturns. When I catch them in the wild, I catch mid-1500 CPs, but my Lanturn Research Reward was an 858 CP. Come on... WTF Niantic?

During my quest for my Celebi, one challenge gave me an Eevee to catch to walk in the subsequent challenge. But it was a useless level 15. LEVEL 15. The lowest level Eevee I have in my collective of Eevees. Do you realize how much stardust and candy it would take to evolve it up to a useful level? To max it out at level 39 would take 238 candies and 226k dust.

Talk about pushing your client-base to spend money!

To take this a step farther,of my captured Raid Bosses... I have a few level 25s, but most are level 20, which might be mildly useful for attacking gym defenders but still, they're so weak they're rarely pulled up in my suggested attackers list when hitting up a raid or battling a gym. Unless I spent the time jacking one or two up towards the level 30 range.

Absol, 20;
Ho-oh, 20;
Kirlia, 25;
Kyogre, 20;
Latias, 25;
Latios 25;
Lugia, 20;
Machamp, lvl 25;
Magmar, 20;
MewTwo, 20;
Regice, 20;
Regirock, 20;
Registeel, 20;
Vaporeon, 20;

If you want a kick-ass version of any of the above, you need to do a lot of walking, grinding away to catch dust and snagging Rare Candy to use to help evolve them up. THAT IS, if you're not being distracted by present research challenges.

-

Speaking of useless, my latest Research Rewards are

Snorlax, 15;
Zapdos, 20;
Moltres, 21;
Raikou, 15; <- F*ing waste of time even catching.

-

In another example of pushing trainers to spend their money, is that while you're out grinding away to catch things, it always seems pretty much that the lower the CP, the higher the IVs will be. Again, costing the player a bunch of candy and dust to level them up.

At least I'm no longer chasing IV values/rankings. Speaking of which, if I take a look at the few 100IV mons I have --

Azurarill, lvl 23;
Ho-Oh, lvl 21;
Parasect, lvl 23;
Plusle, lvl 27;
Skiploom, lvl 23;
Swellow, lvl 20;
Treecko, lvl 20;
Whiscash, lvl 20;

I won't even get into how they spin the IV values into saying the monsters are either great or useless, despite these IVs merely being bonuses on top of the monsters base stats. These IVs only account for 7-8% bonus points on top of a monster's base stats that could be anywhere from 150 to 500 points. Do you really think 15 points is a big boon on a 500 point stat? Or that 1-5 IV will hurt it? But our appraisers all tell us how horrible it is!

- - -

If Niantic even tried to give trainers a bone every now and then and gave trainers good rewards, that would be one thing, but no, they keep f*ing with their customer base, and sadly, the customer base puts up with it and does nothing to say, HEY, quit f*ing us and our wallets.

TO be honest, if users took the time to see what Niantic is doing to them, they might take note and stage a walk out for a day or two and speak with their wallets.

But then again, the customer base is driven by FOMO (Fear of Missing Out), boasting (sharing their shiny and 100 IV monsters) and just enjoying the game when they do get out and play with other players. Then there are those who are wearing down from the grind we're forced to deal with every single day.

But for now, everyone seems pretty happy on both sides of the coin as we blindly play our fave game to death! Right?

Comments