Nominating Pokestops for Niantic is Such Bullshit


I can't seem to catch a break nominating Pokestops.

OK, I get that even though I put the Pokestop at a distance from my one and only fire station in town, it can hinder safety operations.... despite there being hundreds of fire station pokestops in existence.  "Nominations that obstruct the driveway of emergency services and may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants, and air traffic control towers ." My nomination was nowhere near the driveway.

I tried nominating a local nation park, but only to be told it looks like private property. Sure, several hundred acres of desert park wildlife preserve might be private property...   if you say so. What they hell are these reviewers smoking???

The latest drive by Niantic is to nominate my local business. So I did... the one and only steak house in town, and a tourist stop for people driving through town on their way to Las Vegas. It was rejected because "The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant." It's a local business you morons.

I was following Niantic's request to nominate local businesses.

"Last month, we announced the Niantic Local Business Recovery Initiative for small and local businesses in Canada, Great Britain, Japan, Mexico, and the US.

This nomination-based initiative was born out of Niantic’s mission to support the economic recovery of players’ communities. The 1,000 player-nominated businesses chosen for the initiative will receive complimentary promotion in Pokémon GO for one year.

We need your help. The nomination period for the Niantic Local Business Recovery Initiative is still going, but not for long! If you haven’t already nominated your favorite small and local business, now’s your opportunity to do so. You can submit your nomination here from now until July 31 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). "

---

As far as I can tell, using the player base to help nominate local Pokestops is a fail of a process. I see and know of nominated stops having friends approve them. I see and know of other shenanigans where friends approve stops. But when I try to adhere to the outlines of the nomination process, they all get rejected.

I'm done wasting my time trying to nominate anything.

Comments