How Was Your Pokemon Go Regional Egg Event?

POKEMON GO Regional Egg Hatching Fail by Niantic

Naintic did not disappoint (themselves) yet again with their 'special' Pokemon Go event recently. With the recent 'Regional Egg Event,' many players went out into the world hoping to get those shiny reigonal hatches from the 7km eggs that Niantic loves to push on trainer players.

And that first week was exciting to say the least...

But after that first week of excitement and neat things showing up out of these over-rated 7km eggs, it started to flounder for quite a few users.

In one case, a player hatched 279 eggs, and got ONLY 2 shinies and only 1 of them was a regional.

Trainer (Nick) Tips did an impromptu Twitter survey and after nearly 20,000 votes,
69% of all players got ZERO shiny regionals,
18% got ONE shiny regions
 7% got two

If many players bought the boxes with more incubators, the cost comes out to $10 to hatch 45 eggs. (Trainer Tips did the estimated cost.)

After that first week, I noticed what crap I was hatching and after all was said and done, I was part of the 18% category after way too many hatches, but I have to wonder if incubators are a waste of my (and your?) money.

This was the first time I bit into the bait and chased eggs, thus proving to myself that previously, I was not off the mark by not chasing egg hatching schemes before this. Plus, it wasn't only me, but pretty much everyone around me were all bailing on egg hatching.

And now that the event is over, I'm not sure you've noticed, but spawn points are now disappearing from everywhere. But that's OK because the real winner was Niantic.

Player trainers have dropped $368 million on the game in 2019 so far, keeping Niantic in the black as they approach and surpass the $3B mark in sales.

---

Comments