Incense Can Spawn One Per Minute

OMG, I look like a Twilight vampire in daylight!

I Tested the Incense at Speed rumor and sure enough, using Incense at 6+ MPH Does Really Work!!!

Some time back I saw someone report that using Incense while you're in motion will net you a Pokemon spawn every minute. The first time I tried it, I was walking and using Incense, but nope, I received the usual one per five-minute rate.

But then the other night I came across a report that said that using the incense at over 7 mph and under the speed cap will net you one spawn per minute. The person who reported this was on a skateboard.

So the other night while driving home from work I got caught up in a pretty bad traffic jam where we were moving between 5 and 10 mph at most. About 10 minutes into this disaster it hit me that I should go ahead and test out this new information I had received.

I cracked open a lucky egg, a star piece and popped out an incense! I figured I was going so slow that it was about as safe as it could ever be while in traffic.

The other thing to note was that this was a mountain pass road with nothing around that could have been anchored as a pokestop or spawn point. Really... NOTHING on this two-lane mountain pass highway.

The end result came out pretty good...

I was putting along for 22 minutes (yea, I left 8 minutes of my lucky egg and star piece "on the table," but it would have been pure stupidity to try and play the game once we got going again) and after this test I can say that

In 22 minutes I caught 20 Pokemon.

The odd thing (to me) was that most of these Pokemon were mostly all power hitters. Either full CP or great IV scores and they were very active defensively. I wasn't expecting to catch 20 mons, because I'm running out of room in my Pokemon bag! But I guess that's a good problem to have.

I also mentioned this test to one of my Discord groups and a few other people confirmed this. One user said she runs incense while on her bicycle BUT a few said to beware of soft bans from Niantic if you catch too many Pokemon on the freeway!

It's bad enough spoofers seem to skate but for folks catching mons on the freeway, they get a soft ban of about four hours of not seeing anything to catch. I guess that's good to know. I guess it also keeps us safer if you really think about it.

SO there ya have it. Moving over 6 or 7 mph will indeed get you one mon per minute.

- - -

source: Trainer Tips on YouTube.

Comments